E-PROPS's headquarters, research office and ultra-modern workshops are located on Sisteron airfield LFNS (town : Vaumeilh), North of Sisteron, Alpes de Haute Provence - exactly between Grenoble et Marseille.
The premises are perfectly functional: workshops and offices on one side, big storage zone for planes near the door looking onto the runway (see at the bottom of the page). The roof is equipped photovoltaic panels.
To E-PROPS, everything is thought and implemented to design and produce propellers with the smallest impact on the environment : ultra-light propellers, manufactured following an eco-responsible approach in energy-plus buildings.
More data on the page : Environmental Responsibility
WORKSHOPS : 2 200 m²
Main workshop (1 700 m²) :
- Different and dedicated workshops: propellers workshops, mechanics, electronics for a production capacity of 30 000 blades / year
- 12 machining centres, including an innovative 8-axis centre with laser scanner to analyze blades and hubs
- 2 ovens medium temperature / small capacity and one oven high temperature / big capacity
- A lathe and a conventional milling machine
- Some welding systems
- An assembly hall
- A storage zone for planes
- Offices and training room
Second workshop (500 m²) :
- A fatigue tests bench, to stress the blade with alternating bending, to reproduce the engine's torque, and to establish the real propellers' potential
- A traction tests bench : 40 tonnes hydraulic cylinder. High : 3,5 m. Weight : 300 kg
- Other tests benchs, for many different mechanical tests.
E-PROPS ensures the production monitoring by RFID and KANBAN method.
These methods and tools optimize the manufacturing quality, reassure and fluidify the supplies, allow the real-time follow-up of the production process, the traceability of all the manufacturing steps, and offer a set of successful and reliable indicators.
In July 2017, E-PROPS has implemented two new production equipment :
- a 8-axis machining centre
to allow the dimensional analysis, the rectification and the finish of the carbon parts automatically, without dismantling of the part.
It is equipped with a directional spindle programmed according to the digital definition of the part, with a wide tool store.
The precision of measure by the scanner laser is of 5/100th of millimeter.
The scanner sweeps the carbon part, the program recognizes it according to its database, then the different tools come to make all the finishing work: deburring, cut, drilling, sanding and polishing.
All the stages between the molds and the stock are automatic.
A robot arm presents the parts to the machining centre.
- a professional 3D printer
, in order to realize equipments, molds, prototypes and of pre-series parts, as well as lighter functional components.
This technology is going to allow E-PROPS to design and to make parts with complex geometries or aerodynamic properties difficult, even impossible, to make with traditional methods.
... that is the necessary means for conception, tests, manufacturing and marketing of E-Props propellers
SISTERON AIRFIED (LFNS) :